June 25, 2012

WEEKEND GETAWAY || classy rustic retreat

Yet another wonderful weekend away.  The summer for us is always super busy, we're lucky to have so many friends with cottages who graciously invite us along or who enjoy travelling as much as we do, so we are always on the move.
This past weekend we headed east to a lovely retreat on the water. Check out this gem. Pretty right? A chic wood cabin-esque pad, with 20 foot vaulted ceilings, the fresh scent of pine throughout and casual/classy decor a ’la Ralph Lauren.

Hubs and I stayed in the master suite, how generous, and got to enjoy a spacious room with the most darling bathroom I have ever seen. Tell me this isn’t rustic retreat perfection?!  The chandelier made me weak in the knees and the claw foot tub, swoon worthy.

Throughout the cottage were cozy details, such as these hand painted paddles, which added a neat graphic element as well as this accidental vignette with firewood as the focal point. I found simple beauty all around me.



We also ate VERY well; not gonna lie, gorged on cheesies too. We tried something new, bacon jam. Have you heard of this? I’d been dying to try, I mean anything with bacon must be delish; I figured brie and crostinis would be the perfect vehicle. The verdict, not bad, not to die for as I had hoped, this was the consensus of the group.



We went for a boat ride, swam at the sand bars, lounged in the sun, sipped on Pimms, gave ourselves pedis and flipped through our fave mags. 



This was the best spot to hunker down with a morning coffee and take in the stunning view.


All this to say I am truly spoiled. I’m a lucky gal, living a fanciful life, sharing it with stellar friends and the perfect partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment