July 18, 2012

WEDDING WEEK || custom homemade cookie favours

With my 2 year wedding anniversary just around the corner - July 24th for those of you who would like to send gifts ;) - I thought I 'd take you on a lil walk down memory lane. To clarify, "wedding week" is more like "wedding couple of weeks", I have lots to share; tips, DIY's, a couple delicious recipes, oh and about 1500 pictures from our special day, JK!!! only a few fun pics, hopefully I didn't lose any of you there :) 
chowing down on street meat, I was sooo hungry: this pic makes me giggle 
I want to talk favours; I know favours have been getting a bad rep lately; they're becoming synonymous with tacky, cash sucking, junk. I totes agrees if you're ordering random trinkets online that are meaningless to you or your groom.  If you're giving a favour, which personally I think is a nice touch to thank your guests for coming, they must be meaningful. We customized ours in a way that related to our theme AND had special meaning to us.

Our favours were little brown bags, stuffed with each of our favourite cookies, homemade by our moms the day before the wedding, we included the recipes too.  For me this was the perfect combo of  cost effective, meaningful and custom.  We (and by we I mean I) customized them by hand stamping each bag and fastening them with mini chandelier buttons that I had made to fit.




My pick for the cookie was "Cracker Jack Cookies", a dreamy combo of coconut, krispies and oatmeal.  Thought I'd share the recipe in case you're looking to add a new and ridiculously delish cookie to your roster.

via
 




1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup coconut
2 cups Rice Krispies
 
 


 
- Cream butter well and blend in both sugars
- Beat in eggs and vanilla
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and stir into creamed mixture
- Stir in coconut, oatmeal and Rice Krispies
- Droop by the spoonful onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12  minutes or until light brown

That's easy right? And please, no hate mail after you've gained 15 pounds from eating 8 per sitting; but that's never happened to me...


2 comments:

  1. Thank you! It was so bottom heavy, then got drenched in the rain, I could barely keep it up lol.

    ReplyDelete